Sunday, January 21, 2007

Week #11 - Proposed Workouts

Week #11 - (13.0 hrs)
Week of 01/21: (22 weeks until Ironman CDA)

Monday: Workout #1: 2000 yrd swim with drills, Workout #2: 16 mile Run

The 2000 yard swim was a bit of a rush. I jumped into the pool at 8:20 am and only had 40 minutes to finish my workout before the Aqua-Super-Sizers would took over the pool. If you are not done by 9:00am on the nose the students will come into your lane and take down the lane markers as you are swimming. They don't mess around. Their pool time is their pool time. I don't know if you have ever seen these classes in session but the pool gets rock-in. It actually turns into rough water conditions from the up and down motion of all their bodies. I often wonder if they world let me test these indoor ocean conditions for practice.


The 16 mile run went GREAT! The weather was sunny and 60 degrees with only light wind. I ran 16 nine minute miles and walked a minute in-between each mile. I took two five minute re-fueling breaks to refill my bottles and Gu flask. The total time of the run with walks and breaks turn out to be 2 hrs - 51 minutes. No cramping... and nutrition went great.

Afterwards, my legs felt great. I kept the entire run with-in zone 2 (120 - 140 bpm).

Tuesday: Family Night
Wednesday: Workout #1: 3200 yrd Swim, Workout #2: ME Week 4
Thursday: Workout #1: 20 mi Bike - (85-95 rpm with a few 3 minute Z3 pickups)
Friday: Workout #1: 5 mile Run with drills
Saturday: Workout #1: 60 mile Bike + 3 mi transition Run
SunDay: Off

No comments: