Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hansen Dam 2nd Annual Sprint Triathlon - Relay

The Hawthorne Placers (Shannon, Richard and I) showed up at the 2nd Annual Hansen Dam Sprint Triathlon at 6:15am (approximately 1 hour before the race start).



Shannon and I are posing by the the "Swim start" sign. If you look over my right shoulder you can see a Huge shark fin... do you see it ... look again.... psych.






Shannon & Richard work out their pre-race stratagy.... Ride fast, Run Fast.




Another look at the swim venue. The swim was listed as a 500 yrd swim, however my swim split time suggested more like 600 to 650 yrds. I completed the swim in 13 minutes.




The water was a reported 83 degrees so I elected to swim without my wetsuit. You may need to put on sunglasses if the glare from my white skin is to much.




Richard took on the bike leg with honor and valor. He finished his first race in style and with a little energy in reserve. Way to go Richard!






Shannon made up the final leg of the race and finished strong. She tells me that she wants to do the complete race all by herself next year. Bring it on Shannon!

No comments: