Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A New Start to an Old Blog

Boy it has been a while since I have made a post on this Blog. I trained and raced between January 2008 and beginning of June 2008. (A deal I made with my family) I've been busy with work throughout the 2008 year and active with my family over the summer months and fall holidays. During the year we went on 6 or more camping trips with our Motorhome. The girls love to travel and sleep in it. To them, doing anything with the motorhome is always a big adventure. We also went to Sea World 3 or 4 times over two weekend visits and even spent a couple of weekends at Disneyland. One of which was for Syndey's 4th birthday.

My 2008 training and race season was very casual compared to 2007. I carried enough fitness after completing Ironman Cda in 2007 to get me through Wildflower long Course (1/2 ironman distance race), a couple of olympic distance triathlons, a 1/2 marathon and a couple of 100 mile bike events in 2008. With that said, 2008 was very refreshing in regards to training and racing.

However, work was a very different story. In April 2008 I was transfer from my old office in Van Nuys to Downtown L.A.(an extra 20 miles). This change has forced me to wake at 4:15 AM and has caused me to get home just after 7:00 PM. Damn... what is left in the day?......Nada.

I have rolled with the punches regarding these time issues and have put together a plan for next year.... stay tuned to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!