Thursday, July 05, 2007

Friday June 22nd - RACE WEEK

Friday June 22nd.

We all got out of bed and down to breakfast (inside the hotel) at 7:30 am. The hotel offered cereal, bread, bagels, donuts, biscuits and gravely, oatmeal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juice coffee and tea for free to all hotel guest from 6am to 10am.


After breakfast, we all piled into the minivan and drove a 25 mile portion of the northern part of the bike course. I then dropped the family off at the hotel’s water park and made my way down to the Ironman Village (10:00 AM) to retrieve my race registration packet and bike from the transport company.
(This picture was taken 2 days after the race.... stay tuned for race day water conditions)

After checking out the swim venue, Ironman village and buying a couple of hats and a sweater at the “Official Merchandise Tent” I headed back to the hotel to make sure my bike was in good working order before having to drop it off in T1 Saturday morning. After checking out my bike, I took a short nap, packed by gear and special needs bags and waited for my Dad to arrive at the hotel. My Dad arrived at 4 PM and we went to the 5:30 PM Athlete welcome dinner and mandatory race meeting in a huge tent near the finish line area by the host hotel & resort.

The dinner and race meeting ended at 9:00 PM and we went back to the hotel.

No comments: